· Participates in the preparation of all soups, vegetables, potatoes, eggs dishes, pastes, rice dish and garnishes in accordance with established Recipe Cards and methods.
· Checks daily function sheets and daily menu to ensure propriety production levels.
· Initiates requisitions to stores based on daily menu, function sheets and forecast.
· Ensures that all Kitchen / Room Service & Restaurants Outlets are sufficiently supplied with their requirements.
· Ensures that all dishes are correctly garnished before being sent to the restaurants or any other outlets for the service.
· Ensures food is correctly prepared by sampling on regular basis.
· Ensures during meal periods that buffet table is kept replenished and attractive for the duration of service.
· Ensures portion control policy / standard plating instruction are adhered to.
· Conducts on the job learning events as appropriate.
· Ensures section is kept in clean and orderly fashion.
· Ensures that all equipment / utensils in the section are correctly handled and maintained
· Participates in menu planning as appropriate.
· Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
· Coaches employees in his section the “Clear as you go” method of working.
· Ensures IHC Hygiene and Sanitation Standard are attained in the section.
· Complies with Health and Safety Policy.
· Regularly checks in fridges and walking coolers the following:
· Expiry dates
· Hygiene and sanitation
· Temperatures of the cold rooms
· Production mis en place
· Identifies and prepares all tasks break down in the Commis section.
· Monitors the food production according to the Resort standard.
· Prepares market list for the section and forwarded to Chef de Partie or his delegate.
· Keeps an up-to-date standard recipe file for food items to include:
· Recipe list (cooking with style)
· Food cost
· Importation items list & their costs.
· Items preparation timing
· Participates the following meetings as per the schedule:
· Department communication meeting
· Training coordinators meeting
· Maintains high rating on S.P.P.S & G.S.S.
· . Familiarizes yourself with the following procedures:
· Resort fire procedures.
· Crisis management system.
· First aid procedures.
· Health & Safety policy and procedures.
· Resort security procedures.
· Resort product knowledge.
· Resort standard manuals (Department concerned).
· Palace environmental procedures.
· Conducts monthly communication meeting for the section employees (cooks).
· Maintains high level of staff discipline.
· Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.